Monday, February 23, 2015

10 Minute Visioning Yields Big Results

One of the best things about being part of the Visioning(R) community is that all of the graduates keep in touch by group emails. Lucia recently shared that when she wanted to journal while away from her house, all she had was a magazine and pen. So she wrote directly in the magazine. After she journaled, she realized that the images that were on page reflected exactly how she was feeling.

I decided to give the technique a try.


I spent Sunday morning being out of sorts. Although I was productive, I still didn't feel good and couldn't make a decision about what I wanted to do. So I wrote out a practical shopping list for the local hardware store and headed out for the day. I ended up noshing on breakfast for lunch at Starbucks. While I was there I was inspired to text a coworker to meet me ­at Famous Footwear. I had 20 minutes before they arrived. This journal exercise took less than 10.

First, I used my intuition and chose the magazine I wanted to use before leaving the house. Then, I focused on what I needed to know and quickly flipped through the magazine pages while at Starbucks. Something about the image of an actor tugging at her hair caught my attention. Since I know the actors name, I simply addressed her with my Dominant Hand and let the non-dominant hand respond.


DH: Dear Kate, what do you have to say to me?
NDH: I am able to focus on one thing at a time if I want to feel good. Try it. You'll like it.
DH: If I go to Ulta, I'll focus on Kerasilk. At Famous Footwear, I'll focus on shoes! Thanks for your truth. I appreciate you.

This was exactly what I needed to hear.


While I  have been very productive, lately I haven't been having much fun. I've also felt scattered and isolated. I don't have many connections in this new town, so texting co-worker Elisabeth (who brought her two daughters) was exactly  what I needed. While shopping, I focused on the kids, and only skimmed the racks. Although they only stayed for a short time, their visit gave me energy. After they left, I continued shopping in the spirit of fun. While I did end up with several items on my list, fun connection is what I actually wanted.


This morning I tried it again. I selected a magazine based on intuition, not my left-brain. Then I turned the pages quickly, skimming until I found an image that grabbed me. I held a  general question of "show me what I need today," which is Monday. The first thing I noticed was an article that answered a different question, which I pulled out to read later, and continued turning pages.

I journaled with my dominant hand, asking the first question.


DH: Hey kids, what do you have to say to me today?
NDH: We are your fun reminders. Both of us like to play, after all! Take us with you. We are your fun strength. Focus on feeling good.
DH: What map are you looking at?
NDH: The fastest path to fun. It's not a straight line! It's a breath, each in the present moment. We love presents!
DH: I do too. Thank you so much! I love your wisdom.

These answers spoke volumes. 

I did smile a lot more during work while I kept the over-serious accounting Self focused on the books. 
I felt drama-free, yet productive.

Tomorrow, for even more fun, I'll remember to bring my iPod.

blog by Dorothy Segovia, certified Visioning(R) coach and author of My Body, My Car: How to Coach Yourself Through Life's little Accidents. www.writeinside.com

Join Lucia at her next workshops: For a detailed description about the 1st workshop visit Lucia's website and click on the Calendar.

Family Constellations,Transgenerational Healing workshop. 
Sunday, March 22, 2015   10 AM - 5 PM
Morro Bay, CA at Ruby Dragon 
To register: Call (805) 772-1100
Fee: $100 per person



Inner Child, Inner Family
Healing Ourselves, Healing Our Relationships
A one day workshop      April 19,  2015    1 - 6 PM
(based on her bestselling book, Recovery of Your Inner Child)
Kindred Spirits, Claremont, CA
Fee: $120.00 (includes drawing and writing materials)
To register: Call Kindred Spirits  (909) 626 - 2434

No comments:

Post a Comment