Friday, April 8, 2011

Visioning® through Performance Anxiety



This Visioning® vignette was contributed by Nechama Perel Wachsman, a student in our Creative Journal Expressive Arts Certification Training.

My sister Rochelle and I recently performed in a piano recital. We'd been practicing for months, but of course we were both nervous as it drew closer! I suggested we do some Visioning® about how we want to feel during the performance and how we'd like it to come out. The first collage is mine. I depicted my desire to feel free expression in my playing and getting beyond my nerves to the real, beautiful part of me that wants to share my music. I put the collage on my piano and would practice while looking at it. The words "something beautiful is about to happen" kept jumping out at me, and I believed it.

After my performance, I felt much like the woman who is midair, jumping. Indeed something beautiful happened - I played with confidence and joy.

Rochelle depicted faces of many people feeling and confident, as well as the thrill of accomplishing a long worked-for goal. Indeed, her performance was beautiful, inspiring and true to herself.

What an amazing way to get in touch with our inner power, our abilities and true desires and to make them come alive! Thank you, Lucia.

No comments:

Post a Comment